Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sachit Murarka <co...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/19 08:42:26 UTC

SSL error while doing curl on kafka

Hello All,

I am doing curl o <host>:<port> of kafka. It is throwing below error post
applying SSL. Can you please check?

NSS error -8172 (SEC_ERROR_UNTRUSTED_ISSUER)
* Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.

Kind Regards,
Sachit Murarka

Re: [EXTERNAL] SSL error while doing curl on kafka

Posted by Sachit Murarka <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jose,

I was trying to validate the output of CURLfor ssl enabled kafka as there
was issue with Kafka SSL while consumption through spark streaming.  The
client keystore was corrupt.

I regenerated the certs and keystores. It worked fine.

Kind Regards,
Sachit Murarka