Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Khairunnisa <kh...@dhl.com> on 2004/02/19 01:28:43 UTC

interact with desktop

Hi all,
I just installed tomcat 4.1 . Maybe you guys can help me find out how to
set it to interact with desktop. I want to see the errors are in my
application . If using ias we can see it by tail -f  kjs*.

Rgds,
Nisa

Re: Tomcat 4.1.29v5.0.18 performance

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@jboss.org>.
Pete Stokes wrote:
> Remy,
>
> With just 1 user, it appears 3x as slow. I understand the max throughput
> will be better, but did not expect this performance degredation with
> just 1 user, I'd assumed slight degredation overall and a lower max users.

Ok, but did you test TC 5 with the same configuration using JK ? You
could be running in a performance bug when using that connector, related
to whatever you are doing in your application.

> Don't suppose you could answer my questions 2 & 3 ?

2: I don't know ;) the JBoss websites aren't using it yet (since they're
using JBoss 3.2.3)
3: Same.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat

lb worker issue

Posted by Pete Stokes <st...@quinn-direct.com>.
Hi.

I've got load balancing working with Tomcat 5 (Apache 1.3x), but when I
set the lbfactor to 100 for both Tomcat workers, I get all requests to
the first defined worker.

If I up the lbfactor of the second box, everything goes to that box.

Whilst using the same apache with Tomcat 4, I had it distributing load,
but it's seems to have stopped unless it will do the first x sessions to
one box then swap to the other.

Pete.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: Tomcat 4.1.29v5.0.18 performance

Posted by Pete Stokes <st...@quinn-direct.com>.
Remy,

With just 1 user, it appears 3x as slow. I understand the max throughput
will be better, but did not expect this performance degredation with
just 1 user, I'd assumed slight degredation overall and a lower max users.

Don't suppose you could answer my questions 2 & 3 ?

Thanks,
Pete.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@jboss.org>.