Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com> on 2017/10/06 11:11:50 UTC

[VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Hi all,

While 4.0.B2 is almost done, I have 4.1.M1 release finally ready (hope
it's better this time).
This version should support Java 9 (clean build, MacOS and generic
modeler; Windows Modeler still broken).
It includes fixes for problems found during first evaluation:
CAY-2366, compatibility issues with new project version and field
based data objects.

Please evaluate it and cast your votes.

Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1019
Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M1/

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Here is my +1

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
My usual checklist:

1. MD5/SHA512 matches
2. Signature checks
3. rat passes
4. LICENSE and NOTICE files present in the root of the distro
5. builds from source
6. Modeler runs on OS X
7. Cross-platform Modeler runs on OS X
8. Modeler runs on Windows
9. Upgrade LinkRest/LinkMove using the Maven repo.

Everything has passed, including LinkRest and LinkMove tests. So I am adding my +1.

Also Nikita is on vacation for a few weeks, so I am taking over the vote management.

The vote has been going for more than a week, with the following results:

Michael Gentry +1
Nikita Timofeev +1
Andrus Adamchik +1

So we have 3 +1's from the PMC members and can close the vote. I will go through the checklist to publish the release and will send an announcement.

Thanks everyone and congrats on our first 4.1 milestone!!

Andrus