Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Spaulding <te...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/16 03:02:36 UTC

Repo-add timed out on HTTP url

Attempting to perform a repo-add using the ECF url from eclipse.  However, I
receive a time out.  When I first started, I received a time out related to
the example with mvn camel.  At that point, I realized I needed to add the
proxy server\port to the maven settings.xml and that appeared to resolve the
mvn issue.  Not sure what needs to be changed for the http url to work.  any
help is appreciated.

Thx.

Re: Repo-add timed out on HTTP url

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You put that in bin/Karaf script ? If it's a http url and proxy, it should work.

Regards
JB

Posted by Spaulding <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
The classy jvm args,: -Dhttp.proxy*

Regards
JB

Posted by Spaulding <te...@gmail.com>.
Here is the settings.xml proxy section with proxy host\port changed to a
garbage value:

  <proxies>
     <proxy>
       <id>optional</id>
       <active>true</active>
       <protocol>http</protocol>
       <host>proxy.myhost.com</host>
       <port>8080</port>
     </proxy>

regarding the arguments, I just appended them on the command line as such:
 bin/karaf.bat -Dhttp.proxyHost=127.0.0.1 -Dhttp.proxyPort=80

Re: Repo-add timed out on HTTP url

Posted by Spaulding <te...@gmail.com>.
Thank you to both.  I added it to karaf.bat and it works.

I appreciate both of your input.