Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Shannon Wenzel <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/07 21:05:45 UTC

POI version 3.8

To whom it may concern,

I have two user questions about the POI support.
1) Is there a more clear approximate time frame for when the POI 3.8 will be officially released (vs. sometime later this year)?
2) Is there plans to provide streaming support for BIFF8 in a future release?  Perhaps 3.9 in 2012?

Thanks in advance,

Shannon

Re: POI version 3.8

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Shannon Wenzel wrote:
> 1) Is there a more clear approximate time frame for when the POI 3.8
> will be officially released (vs. sometime later this year)?

When it's ready... If you're keen to see it released sooner, please help
out with testing and fixing any remaining bugs you're able to! :)

> 2) Is there plans to provide streaming support for BIFF8 in a future
> release?  Perhaps 3.9 in 2012?

What do you mean by "streaming support for BIFF8"? HSSF already supports
the event model for low memory reading. As has been explained fairly
often, you can't really do a streaming generation of a .xls file because
there are backward references within the file

Nick

Re: POI version 3.8

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Shannon Wenzel <sh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I have two user questions about the POI support.
> 1) Is there a more clear approximate time frame for when the POI 3.8 will be officially released (vs. sometime later this year)?

there is a chance we will release 3.8 in mid-end August. At least, I plan to.

Yegor