Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ritu Kedia <RK...@saba.com> on 2004/01/29 12:08:10 UTC

Connecting to Slide using DAV Explorer

Hi All,

Is anyone using DAV Explorer to connect to the Slide Server? I get the
following error message when trying to connect:

*DAV Interpreter:*
*500 Server Error*

And I can't locate server error log either.

I am new to Slide. I just downloaded code from *Slide_2_0_Release_Branch*
and built the tomcat project. I can access the Slide Home page:
http://localhost:8080/slide which gives the directory listings for /. I want
to test uploading files to Slide.

The example.bat mentioned on the Slide Home page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/examples.html, is not checked in CVS.

I tried the commandLine Client but that is failing too:
[LOCALHOST] /slide/ $ put run.bat
put run.bat null
Uploading  'run.bat' to '/slide/': failed.
Internal Server Error (500)

Is this a server side or a client side error? Where is the error log
generated?

Could anyone please point out where I am going wrong? Lastly does anyone
have a document on how to begin using Slide either via the DAV Explorer or
the commandLine Slide Client.

Regards,
Ritu

Re: Connecting to Slide using DAV Explorer

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
You will most likely not want to upload anything to /slide/.

The actual content is stored in /slide/files/, so you should upload
your files there. /slide/ itself contains beside the content some
other "administrative" stuff like users and permissions.

Regards,
Ingo