Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by James Duong <Ja...@improving.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/09 22:14:32 UTC

DISCUSS: ADBC Press Release

Hi,

In the ADBC blog entry that Flight SQL was mentioned as a vendor-specific protocol and s Dremio is mentioned in the same sentence.

The intent of the Flight SQL was to be database agnostic and this sort of implies Flight SQL as a Dremio-specific protocol which is not really what we want.

Perhaps this can be rephrased? Maybe highlight that ADBC can help with building generic Arrow-based applications that work with both databases that have a specific Arrow-interface such as Big Query in addition to any Flight SQL-capable sources.

Re: DISCUSS: ADBC Press Release

Posted by James Duong <ja...@bitquilltech.com.INVALID>.
Hi all,

I've added a PR with a possible rewording:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-site/pull/299

Cheers.

--

*James Duong*
Lead Software Developer

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.  Thank you.

Re: DISCUSS: ADBC Press Release

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.