Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Lucas Capistrant <ca...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/15 21:30:38 UTC

questions regarding merging approved PRs into master

Hi all,

As a newish committer, I wanted to search out some quick clarification
before I merge a PR into master for the first time in the Druid project.

q1: Is the "squash and merge" option the preferred merge pattern? I see it
is the default option when viewing a PR, but I felt double checking with
the group was best.
q2:
https://github.com/apache/druid/blob/master/dev/committer-instructions.md#pr-merge-action-item-checklist
indicates that we should add the next release milestone to the PR after
merging, but I don't see that reflected at all past 0.19.0 milestone PRs
from mid summer. Are we holding off on milestone labels until a release
manager starts prepping the next release?

Thanks,
Lucas

Re: questions regarding merging approved PRs into master

Posted by Jihoon Son <gh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lucas, please find my answers below.

q1: Yes, the "squash and merge" option is preferred.
q2: The document you linked looks stale. You don't have to manually add
every PR to the next release milestone as we have an automated tool for
that (
https://github.com/apache/druid/blob/master/distribution/bin/tag-missing-milestones.py
).

Thanks,