Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by "Felber, Martin" <ma...@tum.de> on 2022/08/11 14:52:08 UTC

Questions about Dev Process

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on my bachelor thesis in the context of Tools for Code / Quality control and happened to pick the Arrow project for some of my research. The high quality commit messages in this project made it very appealing to me to use this project :D

Q: Do you use any kind of tools to support the development process or maintain a high code standard (like eg Sonarlint, FindBugs or PMD)? And if so, how are your policies to deal with findings of these tools? Do they need to be resolved before merging a feature or is the tool eg only applied to the main branches?
Thank you for your help :D

Best regards,

Martin Felber

Re: Questions about Dev Process

Posted by Jacob Wujciak <ja...@voltrondata.com.INVALID>.
Hello Martin,

We have a dedicated development tool called 'archery' to aid in development
and a pretty complex CI system to ensure code quality, including jobs that
run OSS-Fuzz [1]. Some of this is documented [2] but it might be more
fruitful for you to join our zulip chat [3] and ask questions there. Feel
free to ping me with '@**Jacob Wujciak-Jens**'.

Best
Jacob
.