Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Alexander Dick <al...@dick.at> on 2008/09/20 13:38:00 UTC

Re: Re: Display the description

Patrice Eber wrote:
	How to tell nutch to display the META description in the results ?

Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
	... if there is any (which often isn't)?
	First, you need to pass down meta tag value from HTML parser
(metaTags) to the Content.metadata, and put it there under some prearranged
key (e.g. "X-nutch-description").
	The right place to do that would be somewhere around
parse-html/.../HtmlParser.java:197
	Then you just need to add a line to search.jsp, which would retrieve
this value from NutchBean.getParseData() and present it to the user.
	-- Best regards, Andrzej Bialecki

I just found this message in the list when I was trying to implement the
meta description in the search results, and I want to let you know that I
found a solution.
You can read it on my Blog:
http://www.adick.at/2008-09-17,nutch-display-meta-description-in-search-resu
lts/