Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by richo <lo...@126.com> on 2007/02/01 05:17:36 UTC

problem with Master/Slave and Persistence

I am sorry to trouble you,but I had some problem can not solve by reading
document.
1、I'm run activeMQ in Master/Slave Mode,and run successful.
     Persistence configuration:
     <journaledJDBC dataDirectory="/mnt/dir"/>
     I'am start one Master broker and two Slave broker.
but
    a)the Slave broker will auto shutdown after about 3 hours.
    when slave start up , it tell me the slave is waiting Journal file
unlock , I know is right , but when the slave waiting for about 3 hours ,is
auto shuwdown.(slave will try unlock file 10 second interval)
    b)There is many Persistence kind to choose,how can I choose?
       I use journaledJDBC (configuration:<journaledJDBC
dataDirectory="/mnt/dir"/>)  to persistence,but when I had a load test,I
found it a little slow. I send 10000 message,each 1K, to activeMQ,used
100915 millisecond.it is too long that I can not use it in my system.
      When I use Kaka Persistence , I found it is must faster than
journaledJDBC,is only use 3000 millisecond.but,When I use Kaka Persistence
to setup up Master/Slave,I found a problem. the slave will throw exception
that tell me the db File is locked,and will not waiting the file unlock.the
slave is sleep and do nothing.

Re: problem with Master/Slave and Persistence

Posted by richo <lo...@126.com>.
Thank you for you reply.
I am sure the Master and Slave broker name is different.
but both  Master and Slave  is trying to access the same resource.
Master Config:
==================================
<broker brokerName="testmaster" persistent="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
    <persistenceAdapter>
	<journaledJDBC dataDirectory="/home/vasms/service/mqservice/data/"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>
    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="testConnectorMaster"
uri="tcp://localhost:61610"/>
    </transportConnectors>
</broker>
==================================
SlaveConfig
==================================
<broker brokerName="testslave" persistent="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
     <persistenceAdapter>
	<journaledJDBC dataDirectory="/home/vasms/service/mqservice/data/"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="testConnectorSlave"
uri="tcp://localhost:61610"/>
    </transportConnectors>
</broker>
==================================
As i know,when the slave start ,It will check the db File whether locked. If
locked , it will waiting until the file unlocked.
Is there wrong in my opinion?I think the slave will start until the master
shut down.
If there is any wrong in my opinion , please give me a example to understand
it.

And ,can I use kaha Persistence to setup up Master/Slave,If it can , what
shall will do.
Or how to approve journaledJDBC's performance(Is there wrong for me to use
journaledJDBC)?

best regard!
thank you!

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.