Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Dimitris Bouras <dm...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/18 15:46:25 UTC

Map Reduce Application Framework Path Changed ?

I installed a default  HDP cluster via Ambari today and noticed that the
library jars have changed to "2.2.3.0-2611".
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.7.0/ambari.repo

I am running a camus job and I am getting the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not
exist:
hdfs://ip-10-200-0-10.ec2.internal:8020/hdp/apps/2.2.3.0-2611/mapreduce/mapreduce.tar.gz

The path is set from this property I assume by default via ambari.

mapreduce.application.framework.path
/hdp/apps/${hdp.version}/mapreduce/mapreduce.tar.gz#mr-framework

However no such path exists?

Furthermore HiveMetastore keeps crashing with :

Unable to open a test connection to the given database. JDBC url =
jdbc:mysql://ip-10-200-0-102.ec2.internal/hive?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true,
username = hive. Terminating conn..

Although the database is created.

Have there been any major changed that could cause this.

Thanks

Re: Map Reduce Application Framework Path Changed ?

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
Someone else reported the same issue today.

Ambari automatically retrieves the latest repo for the maintenance version of the stack installed.
Since "HDP 2.2" is installed in your cluster, it will pull the latest HDP 2.2.x version, which is 2.2.3.0-2611 (just got released yesterday).

If you intend to stay in the HDP 2.2.0.0 GA version, then  follow these steps,

In Ambari Web > Admin > Stack (or during install, on Select Stack, expand Advanced Repository Options), update  your HDP repo Base URL to use the HDP 2.2 GA repository:

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos5/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11sp3/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/ubuntu12/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0