Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by ra...@hsbc.co.in on 2004/04/06 04:53:44 UTC

Memo: whitespace character

Hi.
My ORO Pattern is like this  "^ISIN[\\s]{1}[A-Z]{12}".
But it does not match a string "ISIN AAAAAAAAAAAA".
There is some problem with white space character beacuse if I remove it.
both from  the pattern and the string then it matches the string.
What is the problem?

Thanks and regards,
Rajesh K Sharma.

HSBC Software Development (India) Pvt Ltd
HSBC Center, Riverside, West Avenue,
25-B Raheja Woods, Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411006.

Telephone: +91 20 26683000
Fax: +91 20 26681030

for any errors or omissions.

Re: Memo: whitespace character

Posted by jd...@xs4all.nl.
Hi,
its not working because you r using a special character inside the set [],
so it is recognized as the set (\, s) i think. Use either [ \\n\\f\\r\\t]
or better, \\s (without the []).
regards,
Jeroen.