Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/06/30 13:49:41 UTC

Changes.xml or JIRA? (was RE: CactifyEar?)

Hi Magnus,

(moved to dev mailing list)

See below

So far, we have used the changes.xml to fully list all changes that aer
impacting in one way or another the user. So if we do an internal
refactoring it would show there for example.

That said, now that we have migrated to JIRA we have to make a decision I
think:
- either use JIRA for our changelog, which means that we need to have a JIRA
task for every user-impacting task (same as what we had in changes.xml)
- or continue using the changes.xml file

I would personally be in favor of using JIRA for the current version of
Cactus (i.e. 1.8) and do a JIRA changelog.

If others are ok, we can modify the changes.xml to explain that from now on
all changes are located in JIRA, and put a link to the JIRA roadmap in
changes.xml

What do you think? What do others think?

Thanks
-Vincent