Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Daniel <su...@yahoo.de> on 2014/08/05 14:25:55 UTC

Access remote Linux cluster from Windows client

Hello everyone,

I have a remote Linux cluster which runs YARN and HDFS (Hadoop 2.4.1). Then I create a MapReduce job that should be executed on the remote cluster. If I execute the it on a local Linux client, it works fine. But if I try to execute the same job on a local Windows client, I receive the error message shown at the end of this mail (taken from the log file of the Hadoop history server).

I have searched the web and found the following bug report: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1824

If I understand it correctly, the classpath problem should be solved automatically. But since it does not work for me, I suppose that I have to configure something but I could not find any instructions.

I have also added the parameter "mapred.remote.os" with the value "Linux" but without any effect.

Had anyone the same problem? If so, could he/she please tell me, how he/she has solved the problem of accessing a remote Linux cluster from a Windows client?

Regards,
Daniel

 Application application_1407230057273_0007 failed 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1407230057273_0007_000002 exited with exitCode: 1 due to: Exception from container-launch: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: /bin/bash: line 0: fg: no job control
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: /bin/bash: Zeile 0: fg: Keine Job-Steuerung in dieser Shell.
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:505)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:418)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:650)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:300)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:81)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Container exited with a non-zero exit code 1
.Failing this attempt.. Failing the application.