Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz> on 2003/10/29 18:10:24 UTC

Merlin build

Hi, Steve, Alex,

The Merlin cvs build I checked out clean last night failed one of the
tests.

Test reports attached.

I think all the environment details are in the reports.

Regards,

Peter
--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

RE: Merlin build

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Thanks Alex.

Re: Merlin build

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Applied.

Alex Karasulu wrote:

>Can't seem to get anything write today.  Here's the patch on the right email
>trail.
>
>Shooooh!
>
>Alex

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: Merlin build

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Its' not making it thought.
Can you send it to me directly?
Steve.

RE: Merlin build

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

RE: Merlin build

RE: Merlin build

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:52, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Yeah the problem is that shell based macro expansion is not working when you
> do a simple 'echo $PATH' expression either: the echo takes it literally and
> returns it to you since it is not in an interpreted environment (a shell).
> You need to fork a shell and have it run the evaluation.  Also the user's
> shell must be determined so the user's /etc/passwd entry must be read to get
> the default shell.  Getting more involved than I wanted to ...
>
> Even this might not be the shell being used but there is no other way to
> determine what stinking shell was running when the runtime was started.
>
> If we don't pick the default shell, the environment variable may not be
> present.  Yeah this stuff wreaks pretty bad and is the pits.  That's why
> people stay clear of it.  I'll have an update for you as soon as I have it
> working properly and tested on a couple of platforms.
>
> Sorry about that,
> Alex

No problem. It was getting late when I hit this last evening. I'm glad I
didn't sit up trying to fix it ;-)

Peter

RE: Merlin build

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.