Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de> on 2015/08/21 17:23:49 UTC

Jaas and Diagnostic boot feature not part of distribution

Hi,

I am building a custom distribution, but I observed the following also with
the default karaf distribution.
despite having the features "diagnostic" and "jaas" on bootFeatures, their
jars are not contained in the system directory. As far as I understand that
is the place where all features that are contained in a distribution are
installed to.
As a result, jaas-boot and diagnostic-boot are always downloaded on karaf
start from the maven repository.
i tried to install them as boot features, but it seems they are somehow
special cased.

Is that a bug in the distribution build?
Can I work around that and force them to be packaged into system?

best regards
Fabian

Re: Jaas and Diagnostic boot feature not part of distribution

Posted by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de>.
Hi JB,
Yes 4.0.1 :)

sorry I forget that detail because I am usually on the latest and greatest
version.
I double checked the 4.0.0 vs the 4.0.1 dist zip and can confirm your
suspicion. It worked in 4.0.0 and is not working in 4.0.1 anymore.

Fabian

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Fabian,

--