Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/10/08 05:11:30 UTC

[collections] When is the next release?

The Avalon team is waiting to know when the next official release is of
Commons collections.  We need to know this so that we can officially
publish the deprecation of Avalon collections.  Our CVS is all prepared,
but we can make it public yet until there is a released version of
Commons.

We have already started moving our CVS source to the commons variant,
but making a release with a snapshot jar is not the best...

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: [collections] When is the next release?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> AFAIK, collections was prepared fully for a release, but the release never
> ocurred. There was a delay in the primitive subpackage, but I believe Rodney
> Waldorf completed his work there. I don't know who the release manager was,
> but they either need a little reminder, or a new one electing.
>
> This note affects other ideas/suggestions to collections which have been
> suggested recently, as the aim would be to get a release out before adding
> new code.
>
> Stephen

Kool.  So when can we get this done?

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>