Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/09/27 20:36:00 UTC

Please help check ActiveMQ 5.0.0 RC1

Howdy folks.

I've done the first release candidate build of activemq 5.0.0.  You can get the
binary distributions here:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-activemq-5.0.0-RC1/maven2/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.0.0/
maven 2 repo: http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-activemq-5.0.0-RC1/maven2
maven 1 repo: http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-activemq-5.0.0-RC1/maven1

Please check out this build and let me know if you see anything out of place.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Please help check ActiveMQ 5.0.0 RC1

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
just fixing networks with duplex conections - then we can cut a RC2

Posted by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by akuhtz <an...@siemens.com>.
[...]

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)

Posted by Albert Strasheim <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Firstly, thanks for all the hard work everybody is putting in to stabilise
this release. Quite a few of my "pet bugs" have been resolved in the past
few hours.

I'm still wondering about this one though:

Fast producer, slow consumer hangs after a few messages when using
VMPendingSubscriberMessageStoragePolicy

If you run the first attachment that uses a single connection with VM
flags -Xms384m -Xmx512m you get a hang after only a few messages.

If you run the second attachment that uses separate connections for
producers and consumers, things seem to work. However, this doesn't seem
like a very clean solution.

Any comments on this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,

Albert

Posted by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com>.
I forgot the server log:

ERROR TransportConnector             - Could not accept connection :
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java
:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedOutputStream.flush(
TcpBufferedOutputStream.java:105)
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.oneway(
TcpTransport.java:159)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(
InactivityMonitor.java:144)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(
TransportFilter.java:82)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(
WireFormatNegotiator.java:91)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(
MutexTransport.java:40)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.dispatch(
TransportConnection.java:1173)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processDispatch(
TransportConnection.java:792)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.start(
TransportConnection.java:873)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector$1$1.run(
TransportConnector.java:152)

Posted by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com>.
[...]

:180)

Posted by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com>.
Sorry.

Connection tcp://
Consumer: Durable Topic
Persistent Message (tested with kaha and journal derby)
I am not using transaction (topicConnection.createTopicSession(false,
TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE)

I am test it with other scenario.

I let you know.

Thanks

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Márcio,

Posted by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sitsky <si...@nuix.com>.
Hiram Chirino wrote:
> Howdy folks.
>
> I've done the first release candidate build of activemq 5.0.0.  You can get the
> binary distributions here:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-activemq-5.0.0-RC1/maven2/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.0.0/
> maven 2 repo: http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-activemq-5.0.0-RC1/maven2
> maven 1 repo: http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-activemq-5.0.0-RC1/maven1
>
> Please check out this build and let me know if you see anything out of place.

Hi Hiram,

I still get the error reported at the end of
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1251, where the following
is occurring:

[ActiveMQ Task] 881755 ERROR
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.worker-items - Failed to page in
more queue messages
java.lang.RuntimeException: not implemented
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.NullMessageReference.isDropped(NullMessageReference.java:47)
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.VMPendingMessageCursor.isEmpty(VMPendingMessageCursor.java:43)
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.PrefetchSubscription.add(PrefetchSubscription.java:119)
at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.policy.RoundRobinDispatchPolicy.dispatch(RoundRobinDispatchPolicy.java:70)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.doDispatch(Queue.java:1054)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.pageInMessages(Queue.java:1069)
at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.iterate(Queue.java:940)
at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:118)
at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:42)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

At the moment I made it return false, but what should be done here?

Cheers,
David

Re: Please help check ActiveMQ 5.0.0 RC1

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I had made a small change to a mojo so that it supports disabling the
generation of the spring.handler and spring.schemas files.  That's the
thing we are dependent on for the new version.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Hmm :-(

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Oh the tag for source of that RC1 build is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/tags/activemq-5.0.0/

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I just committed a change that fixes this..  Please check again once
we put out an RC2.

Posted by PieterN <se...@internethoofdkantoor.nl>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Klute,

Could you update those test cases so that they have the apache license
header on them?  That way we can include them as a contribution to the
project.

Thanks!

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I just applied that fix for this.  Should make it into RC2

Posted by "Klute R., ITSC Bonn, RTB, D" <Ra...@dp-itsolutions.de>.