Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Akshay Kapur <ak...@cisco.com> on 2003/04/21 20:12:44 UTC

Db Connection Pool

My colleague wants to use just the db connection Pool from Turbine.

1. Is there a separate db pool jar file he can use or if not does he have
to include the entire turbine-2.1.jar?

2. If he does include the entire Turbine jar but only makes call to the
connection Pool, do other Turbine services get initialized? Basically, he
wants to keep the whole thing as light as possible.

Re: Db Connection Pool

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
Akshay Kapur wrote:
> My colleague wants to use just the db connection Pool from Turbine.
>
> 1. Is there a separate db pool jar file he can use or if not does he
> have to include the entire turbine-2.1.jar?

Commons DBCP may suit you better.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/

Eric