Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Adib <am...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/06 03:38:55 UTC

Contineous Deployment

Hi,

I am highly experienced with Ant but new to Ivy and I am finding Ivy
extremely confusing to understand, I have spent a lot of time reading
the docs, trying out the tutorial and have not been able to figure out
if what i want to do can be done with ivy or how to do it.

What I would like to do:

1) Setup a private ivy repository to share with a private development
team over the internet
2) Use subversion over https as the ivy repository, this subversion
repo will not be used to store my applications source code
3) I want to control what goes into the repository so I have no
interest in copying stuff from any of the public maven repos I want to
build my ivy.xml files in the repo by hand so that i can know exactly
what is on my classpath and why
4) The ivy repo should host my own modules and third party modules I add to it.
5) I want to be able to publish my own modules into the ivy repo by
doing an svn check-in

Is the configuration that I want doable with ivy and how hard is it to
configure something like this?

Cheers
Adib

Re: Contineous Deployment

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
All of this is perfectly possible with Ivy and not very hard to do. If you have
troubles with creating such a repository, don't hesitate to post your questions
in more detail to this mailing list.

If you want to publish by doing an svn check-in, you might want to take a look
at the 'ivysvn' project, which extends Ivy with an svn-resolver:
http://code.google.com/p/ivysvn/

Maarten