Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/03/20 03:26:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-alpha (2nd round)

Hi All,
This is a call for vote to release Apache SkyWalking (Incubating) version 5.0.0-alpha.

Release notes:

 * https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/blob/master/CHANGES.md

Release Candidate:

 * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/skywalking/5.0.0-alpha/

Maven 2 staging repository:

 * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheskywalking-1005/org/apache/skywalking/apache-skywalking-apm-incubating/5.0.0-alpha/

Release Tag :

 * v5.0.0-alpha

Release CommitID :

 * f52d99498f02402d2ce1a0b7b909cd7fcfb3526f

Keys to verify the Release Candidate :

 * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/skywalking/5.0.0-alpha/KEYS
 * http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2EF5026E70A55777

corresponding to pengys@apache.org

Guide to build the release from source :

 * https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/blob/master/docs/en/How-to-build.md#build-from-apache-source-codes

Voting will start now (March 20th, 2018) and will remain open for at least 72 hours, Request all PPMC members to give their vote.
[ ] +1 Release this package.
[ ] +0 No opinion.
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because....

Everyone, I recommend you to run check by following this list: https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/blob/master/docs/en/How-to-release.md#vote-check

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking original creator and PPMC member

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-alpha (2nd round)

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@apache.org>.
+1 binding.

I have checked the following things:

1. All artifacts in staging repository are published with .asc, .md5, *sha1 files.
2. Source code and distribution package are in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/skywalking/5.0.0-alpha with .asc, .sha512.
3. LICENSE and NOTICE are in Source code and distribution package.
4. `shasum -c` checked.
5. Rebuild the dist from source codes.
6. `mvn apache-rat:check` passed.

Posted by xin zhang <nz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

I had checked the following items:
1. All test cases is passed.
2. All artifacts in staging repository are published with .asc, .md5 ,
*sha1 files.
2. All files in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/skywalking/5.0.0-alpha/
are verified by GPG and sha512sum.
3. Source codes are successfully built.
4. Both source and binary packages contains LICENSE and NOTICE files.
5. No error found after running "mvn apache-rat:check".

------------------
Gao Hongtao

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@apache.org>.
Vote result:
4 (+1) binding
1 (+1) nobinding

And I think the vote checks have been done by more than one PMC or committer. Thanks, everyone.

I will start the vote in IPMC, hope we fit all requirements for the Apache release.

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
Mick

Thanks. I and SkyWalking community are trying our best to follow the Apache way. :) You are always kind for us.

------------------

From:  "mck"<mc...@apache.org>;
Date:  Wed, Mar 21, 2018 07:04 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@skywalking.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-alpha(2nd round)

> Everyone, I recommend you to run check by following this list:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/blob/master/docs/en/How-to-release.md#vote-check

Great initiative Sheng!

The effort going in here to double and triple check that releases that become downloaded by users around the world are safe and correct will be rewarded. It's not just embarrassing when you make a mistake in a release that impacts your users potentially causing serious grief for them, it can also be detrimental to community's spirit and engagement. It always is a good investment to have patience when going through the release process.

I'm really impressed with the SkyWalking community and how well you're taking onboard all the ASF processes.

regards,
Mick

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-alpha (2nd round)

Posted by mck <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by peng-yongsheng <80...@qq.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked list:
1. Features test.   √
2. staging repository    √
3. distribution package	 √
4. LICENSE and NOTICE	√
5. source package check	√
6. apache-rat:check	√

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@apache.org>.
Yuntao,

Hi, thanks for your checks and tests.

But I have to say, you should notice +1 (binding) is only for PPMC in release vote. You should reply +1 and list the checks you did.

Of course, your contributions are highly valued. You are welcome always.

Posted by Yuntao Li <li...@apache.org>.