Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eric White <ew...@rocksteady.com> on 2002/12/06 00:15:07 UTC

jetspeed.properties customizations via the bluesunrise tutorial?

I'm using 3Dec bits from cvs.

I've set up jetspeed to use JSP as the default scripting language

I have both user auth/auth and psml in a mysql database

At first, I'd made my nav and layout customizations directly into the
JSP scripts.

I've been reading the bluesunrise tutorial, which seems focus on
Velocity scripting.

Anyway, based on the bluesunrise tutorial, I made a couple changes in
jetspeedresources.properties to turn off the leftnav bar and change
newuser creation, e.g.

topnav.user_creation.enable=false
leftnav.enable=false

and then

stopped tomcat
rebuilt
redeployed
started tomcat

and saw no change in my portal screens.

Was this because:

1) I'm configured for JSP and not VM?
2) Somehow these properties feed PSML configuration and, since I've got
PSML in a database, I need to "build import" before such changes take
affect?
3) Something else, for which I have no clue?

RE: jetspeed.properties customizations via the bluesunrise tutorial?

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Eric,

Welcome to the world of "bleeding" edge jetspeed development! Again you've
ran into something that's not completely finished - I just checked in the
stuff you need on the 4th.

> I'm using 3Dec bits from cvs.
>
> I've set up jetspeed to use JSP as the default scripting language
>
> I have both user auth/auth and psml in a mysql database
>
> At first, I'd made my nav and layout customizations directly into the
> JSP scripts.
>
> I've been reading the bluesunrise tutorial, which seems focus on
> Velocity scripting.

Keep in mind that the tutorial is not quite finished yet. I will be adding a
JspPortlet Tutorial shortly. Let me know if you notice anything else on the
Jsp side of things in Jetspeed. Thanks!

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.