Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Binh Do Huu <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/02 14:37:26 UTC

Jetspeed 1.4-b4 deployment problem

Dear Sir, I have deployed the Jetspeed version 1.4-b4 on tomcat 4.1.24, but when I run Jetspeed, it gave me the error as follows:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPAn error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: nullGenerated servlet error:    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.    [javac] Compiling 1 source file    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.    [javac] javac: invalid flag: C:\Program    [javac] Usage: javac      [javac] where possible options include:    [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info    [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info    [javac]   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings    [javac]   -verbose                  Output messages about what the compiler is doing    [javac]   -deprecation              Output source locations where deprecated APIs are used    [javac]   -classpath
         Specify where to find user class files    [javac]   -sourcepath
        Specify where to find input source files    [javac]   -bootclasspath
     Override location of bootstrap class files    [javac]   -extdirs            Override location of installed extensions    [javac]   -d             Specify where to place generated class files    [javac]   -encoding       Specify character encoding used by source files    [javac]   -source          Provide source compatibility with specified release    [javac]   -target          Generate class files for specific VM version    [javac]   -help                     Print a synopsis of standard options	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:353)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:473)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:190)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I replaced it by using version 1.3a2, it run OK. Please help me to solve this problem.

I looking forward to hearing from you!

Do Huu Binh.

RE: Jetspeed 1.4-b4 deployment problem

Posted by Mark Humphryes <ma...@gilmarsystems.com>.
I had exactly the same problem.  David Taylor's solution will resolve
it. I insalled Tomcat direct into C:\Tomcat and everything now works
fine.

Regards,

Mark Humphryes
GILMAR SYSTEMS LIMITED ... providing effective business solutions  ... a
partner in CitizenSynergy
Mobile: +44 (0)778 654 1000
Office: +44 (0)1892 653827
e-mail: markh@gilmarsystems.com
http://www.gilmarsystems.com/   and  http://www.citizensynergy.com
material.   Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
the material from any computer.

I've stopped 37 spam messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/}

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 05:37  AM, Binh Do Huu wrote:

> Dear Sir, I have deployed the Jetspeed version 1.4-b4 on tomcat
> 4.1.24, but when I run Jetspeed, it gave me the error as follows:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPAn
> error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: nullGenerated servlet
> error:    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
> [javac] Compiling 1 source file    [javac] Since fork is true,
> ignoring compiler setting.    [javac] javac: invalid flag: C:\Program

>   [javac] Usage: javac      [javac] where possible options include:

> [javac]   -g

Try installing Tomcat into a directory without spaces in the directory
path, such as "c:\programs\tomcat"

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software