Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Nicolas DELAHAYE <de...@laposte.net> on 2006/04/13 08:26:29 UTC

RE : Im desperated

I have you tred with java.sql.Date ?

Best regards
Nicolas DELAHAYE

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Helder Gaspar Rodrigues [mailto:hmgr@netcabo.pt]
Envoyé : jeudi 13 avril 2006 08:23
À : ojb-user@db.apache.org
Objet : Im desperated

Hello everyone, i know that maybe this ml is not the appropriate local
to ask this, but im so desperated that i have to try.

Im using OJB in a java project, and now i want to query the objects
using odmg OQL query.

Imagine class A and B. A has a set of B objets assigned into the
variable bs.

B object have a variable called date with type java.util.Date;

I want to retrieve all objects A that not match with the variable date
in all objects B in the set bs.

Example:

String oqlQuery = "select a from " + A.class.getName(); oqlQuery += "
where name = $1 and bs.data <> $2";

the problem is if there is any B in the bs that do not match the "<>"
the respective object A that contains that B object is putted in the
result.

I dont want that, i want: If there is any B in the bs set that match
"<>" object A is not considerated.

Any tips?

Thank you a lot for your attention!

Re: RE : Im desperated

Posted by Helder Gaspar Rodrigues <hm...@netcabo.pt>.
Im converting the object from database:
<field-descriptor name="data" column="DATA" jdbc-type="DATE"
conversion="org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.conversions.JavaDate2SqlDateFieldConversion"/>

I can make the query in standard SQL but no in OQL.

Imagine two objects in bs, one is diferente from $2 and the other is
equal to $2.

with the query it puts the object A in the result because the first
object of the bs set is diferrent as i want it, but the second is equal.

Because the second is equal to $2 the object A goes to the result list,
and I dont want that. I just want the A objects that dont have B objects
with the date variable equal to $2.

Thank you a lot.