Posted to user@storm.apache.org by ​Chandrahas Gurram <ch...@peel.com> on 2014/08/08 05:24:15 UTC

Storm Connection Refused

Hi,

I have deployed storm on an aws cluster.
When I try to deploy my jar on the cluster it throws the following error
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException:
    at
backtype.storm.utils.NimbusClient.getConfiguredClient(NimbusClient.java:38)
    at backtype.storm.StormSubmitter.submitTopology(StormSubmitter.java:87)
    at backtype.storm.StormSubmitter.submitTopology(StormSubmitter.java:58)
    at com.peel.kinesisStorm.SampleTopology.main(SampleTopology.java:88)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException:
    at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:183)
    at
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TFramedTransport.open(TFramedTransport.java:81)
    at
backtype.storm.security.auth.SimpleTransportPlugin.connect(SimpleTransportPlugin.java:83)
    at
backtype.storm.security.auth.ThriftClient.<init>(ThriftClient.java:63)
    at backtype.storm.utils.NimbusClient.<init>(NimbusClient.java:47)
    at backtype.storm.utils.NimbusClient.<init>(NimbusClient.java:43)
    at
backtype.storm.utils.NimbusClient.getConfiguredClient(NimbusClient.java:36)
    ... 3 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
    at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
    at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
    at org.apache.thrift7.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:178)
    ... 9 more

I have checked the ports of nimbus. I am deploying the jar on 6627 port and
i have kept it open.
I am also unable to see the storm ui on nimbus.
could anybody please help me with this issue.
storm-version:0.92

ThankYou,
Chandra

Re: Storm Connection Refused

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Make sure iptables is not the issue. From which host you are
trying to deploy the jar.

It shouldn't be the issue but make sure nimbus host is
reachable by other servers.

"I am also unable to see the storm ui on nimbus.

could anybody please help me with this issue."

have you started all the required daemons you can access the UI
at hostname:8080..

check the nimbus logs make sure there are no errors and its
running.

Lastly check
storm-deploy [1]https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm-deploy .
Looks like you need to pass a private key to all the hosts to
start they services I don't have exp in deploying services on
aws.

-Harsha

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014, at 09:23 PM, Chandrahas Gurram wrote:

I have four instances running.
1 nimbus, 2 supervisor and 1 zookeeper
i have used the command storm jar pathtojar mainclass arguments
I have checked the storm.yaml file under .storm and it has
correct details of hosts.

ThankYou,
G V Chandrahas Raj

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Harsha <[2...@harsha.io>
wrote:

Hi Chandrahas,
                Can you provide with bit more details on how is
you cluster looks like or its a single host .
"I am deploying the jar on 6627 port and i have kept it open."
are you using storm jar command or doing it through thrift api.
-Harsha

References

1. https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm-deploy
2. mailto:storm@harsha.io