Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org> on 2009/11/16 18:38:46 UTC

Fwd: Returned post for legal-archive@apache.org

Hi Folks-
Before submitting code to the Apache SVN, our podling (Traffic Serer)
followed the crypto export control instructions here
http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html
We just got this automated message in return, suggesting that either a)
the instructions/process are wrong, b)the instructions should be updated
to state that the automated message will be delivered a few weeks/months
after the submission (or c-- both).

miles

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Miles,

I wonder if the message was stuck due to your IP block around the same
time last week.

I could not find any trace of either the moderation request or the
original message to secretary AT apache.org.

But this message serves to inform legal-internal of your ECCN
notification.

I believe that the mentors for Traffic Server should follow up with
any further steps.

Craig

On Nov 16, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Miles Libbey wrote:

> Hi Folks-
> Before submitting code to the Apache SVN, our podling (Traffic
> Serer) followed the crypto export control instructions here
> http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html
> We just got this automated message in return, suggesting that either
> a) the instructions/process are wrong, b)the instructions should be
> updated to state that the automated message will be delivered a few
> weeks/months after the submission (or c-- both).
>
> miles

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!