Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Simon Jentzsch <si...@yahoo.de> on 2007/12/21 10:30:39 UTC

PostgreSQLPersistenceManager

hi,

I'm trying find a fast and reliable Database for Persitance, because I
have worked with the the postgres for the last 7 years and never been
disapointed, so I wanted to use the postgres-bundle. On the Wiki-Docu I
read about the PostgreSQLPersistenceManager, but it does not seem to be
included in the 1.3.3. When will this be available?
Or if somebody could suggest me a better PersistanceManager ( I'm trying
to manage about 5 GB of different Binary-Data along with free Metadata).

Thanx..

___________
simon jentzsch

Re: PostgreSQLPersistenceManager

Posted by hanasaki jiji <ha...@gmail.com>.
Anyone have performance / benchmark specs on derby, postgres, mysql etc... ?

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

PostgreSQLPersistenceManager is included in the current trunk and will be
available in Jackrabbit 1.4 (due very early next year). If you want to try
this year, you need to compile Jackrabbit yourself.

Or if somebody could suggest me a better PersistanceManager ( I'm trying
> to manage about 5 GB of different Binary-Data along with free Metadata).

With Jackrabbit 1.4, should should also consider using the Global Data
Store, see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

Regards,
Thomas