Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lennart Benoot <le...@chronoline.org> on 2005/03/11 19:37:20 UTC

Development environment

Hi All,

I've been putting together some stuff to provide an out of the box development environment for Eclipse web project. This resulted in a single zip containing the following: eclipse, mysql, tomcat, spindle, palette and tomcat plugin. When you start, automaticaly mysql is started together with eclipse and af course all plugins. Included is also a very easy howto on how to start an new web application. Gain: No installation effort necessary! Start developing in 5 minutes.
Of course, it is probably not legal to distribute.
Is there interest in such thing? Other people did similar stuff?

Kind regards,
Lennart

Re: Development environment

Posted by Danny Mandel <dm...@tolweb.org>.
I think there is an immense need for this sort of thing.  I can think of
two particular situations where this would have helped me or another
person I knew:

1) When I first learned Tapestry I had no experience w/ J2EE type
development environments.
2) I have a friend who is a university instructor in .net who is
attempting to set up a Tapestry dev environment for his students and is
struggling quite a bit.

I think in general that .net converts would love something like this as
the varying array of options in Java can be quite daunting to someone
who doesn't know their way around the J2EE marketplace.

Danny

Posted by Massimo <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 11 Mar 2005 18:37:20 -0000, Lennart Benoot <le...@chronoline.org> wrote:

> Of course, it is probably not legal to distribute.

Why do you think so ?

> Is there interest in such thing? Other people did similar stuff?

There's been a lot of discussion on how to promote tapestry and i
think this could be a good boost on that side..

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com