Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Roshan Punnoose <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/10 02:43:33 UTC

Intersecting column family:column qualifier sets

Hi All,

If I have a row with a set of keys as such:
- row1 cf:cq val
- row1 cf1:cq1 val
- row1 cf2:cq2 val
- row2 cf:cq val

Is there a way I can ask Accumulo to give me back all rows that have all
pairs (basically do an AND search): cf:cq, cf1:cq1, cf2:cq2. That way I
should only receive row1 back.

Thanks!
Roshan

Re: Intersecting column family:column qualifier sets

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
On Monday, July 9, 2012 8:43:33 PM, "Roshan Punnoose" <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> If I have a row with a set of keys as such:
> - row1 cf:cq val
> - row1 cf1:cq1 val
> - row1 cf2:cq2 val
> - row2 cf:cq val
>

> Is there a way I can ask Accumulo to give me back all rows that have
> all pairs (basically do an AND search): cf:cq, cf1:cq1, cf2:cq2. That
> way I should only receive row1 back.

Take a look at RowFilter in the ...core.iterators.user package.  It brings back rows that satisfy a condition specified in an abstract acceptRow method that is given an iterator over one particular row.

Billie