Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alan Boshier <Al...@esprit-is.com> on 2006/09/14 17:39:03 UTC

Newbie question: lucene sorting problems and stored fields

Hi

We are seeing intermittent problems with searches that use
sorted fields (in lucene 1.4.3).

If we add the fields to our Documents as 'unstored' then
we start to see results that have been sorted by Document ID.

The problem goes away if we add the fields as 'stored'.

Is it a requirement when creating a field for sorting to
make it stored?

Thanks

Alan

Re: Newbie question: lucene sorting problems and stored fields

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 9/14/06, Alan Boshier <Al...@esprit-is.com> wrote:
> Is it a requirement when creating a field for sorting to
> make it stored?

No, stored doesn't matter... it must be indexed though.

-Yonik