Posted to user@struts.apache.org by micael <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/10/14 23:37:02 UTC

[OT] RE: DAO or ... ?

Troy,

I think it is incredible that you can go that far in your computer
engineering education without even "touching on" patterns.  I was involved
in some discussions with a publisher regarding putting out a
beginning/intermediate Java textbook that would teach OO with patterns from
day one, but I am too busy.  Someone should do that.  Someone should also
include the idea of component programming just about as early, in my opinion.

At 03:20 PM 10/14/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>They teach patterns at the University of Utah. In our advanced software
>engineering course we touched on patterns and anti-patterns.
>

>On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 13:33, Chappell, Simon P wrote:
> > I have no idea whether they teach patterns in University. I graduated
> in 1990 and we didn't even have the Internet back then let alone Patterns!
> >
> > Jacob: How about it my friend? Do they teach patterns in the UW?
> >
> > Simon

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you