Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Hew June Voon <jv...@asiatravelmart.com> on 2001/06/22 06:18:05 UTC

Supporting xml schema

Hi,

Does anybody know that the Crimson parser support xml schema?

regards,
Hew June Voon, Software Engineer
Tel: +603.8996.8000 (Ext. 3111)
Fax: +603.8996.1433
http://Asiatravelmart.com
The World's Premier Travel Reservation System (TRS) on the Internet

Awards:
* PATA Gold Award 2000 	- Travel Web Site of the Year
* PATA Gold Award 2000 	- PR Campaign of the Year
* Internet World Asia 	- Best E-Commerce Company of the Year 2000
* PIKOM Award 		- Internet Website of the Year
* APMITTA Award 		- Best Start-up Company of the Year

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE:

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressee
named herein and may contain legally privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail,
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by
telephone or e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system and
server. Thank you.

This email had been checked by Asiatravelmart.com's Virus Scanner.
Please email any questions to novirus@asiatravelmart.com

Re: Supporting xml schema

Posted by Edwin Goei <ed...@sun.com>.
Edwin Goei wrote:

> > Hew June Voon wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody know that the Crimson parser support xml schema?
>
> No it does not.  To get XML schema support now, you must use Xerces
> 1.x.  Future plans are to have Xerces 2.x also support XML schema as
> well as other schema languages.  BTW, I understand that Xerces 2.x
> supports Relax now.

I should add that if apps use the JAXP API, then it is possible to plug
in the parser that you want at runtime.

-Edwin

Re: Supporting xml schema

Posted by Edwin Goei <ed...@sun.com>.