Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2015/09/05 02:18:23 UTC

[PROPOSAL][EXT] Submit UNO Java jar files to Maven Repository

Hi all,

I propose submitting the latest UNO Java jar files to Maven Repository
for inclusion.

The files are ridl.jar, juh.jar, unoil.jar, and jurt.jar.

This will allow projects using maven, gradle, etc. build systems to use
the AOO UNO java jars.

Afterward I will update the wiki with the new information.

The last version available in the Maven repository is 3.2.1.

If there are no objections to the above proposal within 72-hours then I
will invoke Lazy Consensus and proceed to implement the above proposal.

Thanks,
Carl

Re: [PROPOSAL][EXT] Submit UNO Java jar files to Maven Repository

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
On 09/04/2015 10:29 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> It is a great idea to release these jars. It would be a released product with the necessary formality. It could be called something like Apache OpenOffice UNO.
>
> A separate product with its own source and convenience maven release. This is a typical pattern at Apache.
>
> Again a brilliant idea.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Sep 4, 2015, at 5:18 PM, Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I propose submitting the latest UNO Java jar files to Maven Repository for inclusion.
>>
>> The files are ridl.jar, juh.jar, unoil.jar, and jurt.jar.
>>
>> This will allow projects using maven, gradle, etc. build systems to use the AOO UNO java jars.
>>
>> Afterward I will update the wiki with the new information.
>>
>> The last version available in the Maven repository is 3.2.1.
>>
>> If there are no objections to the above proposal within 72-hours then I will invoke Lazy Consensus and proceed to implement the above proposal.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carl

Thanks Dave,

While I can probably manage to handle the submission of the files to
Maven,  I don't know much about how theses files are built or maintained.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Carl,

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
+1

Thanks for taking this on Carl.  It strikes me as a valuable way to make some AOO technology easily available.

 - Dennis

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
Cool idea Carl!
Big +1