Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2007/02/14 17:49:19 UTC

Cayenne doc link failure

Hello,

I click on the documentation link
Cayenne Documentation - v. 1.2 (STABLE)
User Guide: General information on how to get started with Cayenne, main
Cayenne concepts, API details and deployment procedures.

>From here

User guide
  1.. Introduction
  2.. Installation
  3.. Quick Start
  4.. Design
  5.. DataContext
  6.. Queries
  7.. DataObjects
  8.. Stored Procedures
  9.. Expressions
  10.. Performance Tuning
  11.. Deployment
  12.. Ant Tasks
  13.. Customizing
  14.. DataViews
I click on DataObjects

DataObjects (Cayenne persistent objects) are composed of attributes and
relationships. Attributes are the simplest object properties (as in "java
bean properties") that can be stored in the columns in the database. Those
are usually string, numeric, binary or date values. Another type of
properties is relationships. They represent related DataObjects (to-one
relationships) or collections of DataObjects (to-many relationships). To
read and modify attributes and relationships, application code would simply
invoke corresponding get or set methods. In case of to-many relationships
represented by collections there are also add and remove methods.

Again I click on DataObjects

Not Found
The requested URL
/cayenne/doc12/api/cayenne/org/objectstyle/cayenne/DataObject.html was not
found on this server.

HTH

Frank

matching row is missing error

Posted by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Andrus,

I am not sure if this is a Click or Cayenne problem.

I have a two table relation defined and am getting an error when a matching
record is not found in the second table.
This works fine until I do a search that does not have a matching row.

Here is my query:

     DataContext context = DataContext.getThreadDataContext();
     Integer[] hspArray = {new Integer(1), new Integer(5)};
     Expression e = ExpressionFactory.inDbExp(Bsypemp.EMHSPPOUND_PK_COLUMN,
hspArray);
        e =
e.andExp(ExpressionFactory.likeIgnoreCaseExp(Bsypemp.EMYLNM_PROPERTY, lname
        +"%"));
        e =
e.andExp(ExpressionFactory.likeIgnoreCaseExp(Bsypemp.EMYFNM_PROPERTY, fname
                +"%"));

     SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(Bsypemp.class,e);
     List records = context.performQuery(query);
     return records;

 column = new Column("departments.Pcldds");
        column.setHeaderTitle("Department");
        column.setWidth("15%;");
        column.setAttribute("align", "left");
        column.setSortable(true);
        table.addColumn(column);

Caused by: org.objectstyle.cayenne.FaultFailureException: [v.1.2.2 January
10 2007] Error resolving fault for ObjectId: <ObjectId:Bprppcp, PCDEP4=0,
PCHSP#=5> and state (transient). Possible cause - matching row is missing
from the database.

Thanks
Frank

Re: Cayenne doc link failure

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Thanks for pointing it out - that's an old link, I'll fix it.

Andrus