Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by visioner sadak <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/20 09:56:06 UTC

Hadoop Federation help

Hello experts,

Need some help, does the latest stable release 1.0.3 has hadoop federation
(in which we can have multiple name nodes), can the problem of large small
file uploads(http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/02/the-small-files-problem/)
be solved if we use this version with hadoop federation as we get name
nodes in clusters

Re: Hadoop Federation help

Posted by ankush gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: Hadoop Federation help

Posted by visioner sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh

saw tht federation is available in release 0.23.0 (
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html) so thought that it must be
in 1.0.x as it is latest stable  than 0.23.0...

yeah but for small file i think will have to go by HAR only,but are HAR's
mutable in newer versions
or its still immutable...

Re: Hadoop Federation help

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.