Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com> on 2009/07/31 02:35:45 UTC

Site inheritance

Hello all -

I'm forging forward (after the semi-informal poll about site doc format
options) with a very vanillia "apt" set up for now and I'm trying to
inherit a "skeleton" site project.

I can see this is possible:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/sitedescripto
r.html  (look at the inheritance bit)

But, does this only work in parent->child relationships?  Can I just put
a dependency on a site-only project and pull down the site descriptor?

We have four distinct types of maven based projects.  For each of these,
there is a distinct set of links people should be providing for each
app.

Instead of copy/pasting a site descriptor everywhere, I'd prefer to
create skeletons and just depend on them as needed - is this just
impossible?

What about for individual pages?

RE: Site inheritance

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
Done:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-420

I think the problem is that site doesn't honor all the options doxia
makes available.

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

RE: Site inheritance

RE: Site inheritance