Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Saffer, Kevin" <0K...@ldsltd.com> on 2000/01/11 16:05:25 UTC

RE: [LONG TERM PLAN] Proposed Architecture for Tomcat.Next Servle t Container

	I may be joining the discussion a bit late and what I'm about to say
may have been said.

	re-architecting, refactoring, redesigning, whatever you want to call
it is always a good idea, time permitting.

	In this case I don't see any time constraints, I have read a lot of
talk about PMC and Timelines, where are they?  This is open source, lets do
whats best for the product, not an individual entity invloved.

	IMHO, there is much to gain from a new architecture, I'm not going
to go into that, we all know the benefits.  Speaking as a tomcat user who
wants to become a developer, the code and code structure is dificult to read
and understand, there is an obvious lack of documentation, code and
otherwise.

	Parallel development of branches or not, Tomcat needs a new
infrastructure.

	Kevin Saffer
	ksaffer@columbus.rr.com