Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Hi...@puilaetco.com on 2003/12/23 13:54:00 UTC

threading problem with org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D

Hello there!
i am new in Batik and i would like to know the following:
Is there any known problem of threading while using  the stream methods of
org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D?

Hind Lwahhabi.
Puilaetco bankers, 44-46 Avenue Herrmann Debrouxlaan 44-46
B-1160 Brussels Belgium
Tel:02 679 48 63
GSM:0479 05 99 71
"Mieux vaut choisir le voisin avant la maison, le compagnon avant la route
"
(Proverbe arabe)

This e-mail and any attached files contain confidential information.  It is
intended solely for the addressees.   Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete it
immediately from your system without reading, copying or disclosing its
contents to any other person.  This e-mail is sent for information only and
the content is not legally binding unless confirmed by letter.  Investment
orders received by e-mail will not be executed by Puilaetco.  Puilaetco
shall not be liable for improper or incomplete transmission nor for any
delay in its receipt nor damage to your system (interception,
interferences, viruses).

Re: threading problem with org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hind.Lwahhabi@puilaetco.com wrote:

> i am new in Batik and i would like to know the following:
> Is there any known problem of threading while using  the stream methods of
> org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D?

    So the SVGGraphics2D class is not intended to be thread safe.
If you are streaming in one thread and drawing in another (or drawing
from two threads) I would expect you to have problems.  But just
because your app has multiple threads it should not cause the
SVGGraphics2D any problems.

    You would really need to be more specific what you mean by
'threading' problems to get a good answer.