Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tedonk03 <te...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/14 15:17:11 UTC

Re: Filter Query and query score

Hi,

I also have the same problem. My case is similar like this, but the user can
select their preferences. I´ll use climbingrose´s example but add it a
little bit.

Doc1: [Title=Java; Location=Parramatta, NSW; latitude=x1; longitude=x2]
Doc2: [Title=Java; Location=North Ryde, NSW; latitude=x3; longitude=x4]
Doc3: [Title=Java; Location=Parramatta]
Doc4: [Title=Java; Location=NS, NSW; latitude=x1; longitude=x2]
Doc5: [Title=Java; Location=NS, NSW; latitude=x3; longitude=x4]
Doc6: [Title=Java; Location=Parramatta]

For example the user query is Java and their preferences are Paramatta and
NS, so I would like to boost the documents with location Paramatta or NS.
But still I want to show the result from another location. How do I use it
in bq? Can I use it like this:

 bq=location:Parramatta^1.4 || location:NS^1.4

is that correct? I tried but it seems it didn´t work.

So the final result I want that NS and Paramatta get a little boost to the
top and NOrth Ryde goes to the bottom. Is that possible? Thanx

- Ted -

Posted by tedonk03 <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

it seems it works now. I put some mistakes on the calculation. But is there
any limit to the query size in Solr? Thanx again

I tried the code but it seems it's not working properly. I tried to check it
by inserting
bq=location:Parramatta^1.4 location:NS^1.4 location:North Ryde^1.4

If I use it like that, I should get the same result order with the result if
I do it without bq, right?
But it seems that the result shows Paramatta results on top, followed by NS,
and the North RYde.
I tried to change the boosting number to 1.0 so the result will be the same
like the result without bq, but still nothing change, it is still in the
grouping order. I am not sure if the bq works properly.

Actually I used this in ruby to send the request to Solr, so the code looks
like this
:q => query,
:wt => 'ruby',
:bq => 'location:Parramatta^1.4 location:NS^1.4 location:North Ryde^1.4'

Thanx for the help

- Ted

Re: Filter Query and query score

Posted by tedonk03 <te...@gmail.com>.