Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ge...@comerica.com on 2002/09/06 23:17:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Server Side Include Question

Can anyone tell me if/how I can do a SSI include between two HTTP servers.

I know how to do a SSI on one server but I want to be able to call a SSI
from server a and return the results to server b.

Thanks for any help

I have not been able to find my answer anywhere

JB

Re: [users@httpd] Server Side Include Question

Posted by Jeff Beard <je...@cyberxape.com>.
You can use mod_proxy to do this. For instance you can have a custom
handler on host B that host A needs to include. You use ProxyPass and
ProxyPassReverse to forward the request to the handler on host B.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

The include would look something like:

<!--#include virtual="/handler" -->

--Jeff

Gerald_T_Beattie@comerica.com wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if/how I can do a SSI include between two HTTP servers.
>
> I know how to do a SSI on one server but I want to be able to call a SSI
> from server a and return the results to server b.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> I have not been able to find my answer anywhere
>
> JB

Jeff Beard | Systems Architecture, Programming, Management
Contact    | jeff at cyberxape dot com, 303.443.9339
Location   | In front of the computer, Boulder, CO, USA