Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <mo...@ieee.org> on 2002/09/11 01:28:40 UTC

OSCOM conference is comming!!

Hi cocoon users:
   OSCOM Conference at Berkeley is comming!!!, September 25th to the 27th.
   Do not miss this event, many related Cocoon technologies will be
explained, such as Wyona CMS, Xopus and DBPrism CMS.
   Look at http://www.oscom.org/conferences/berkeley2002/ for more details.
   Best regards, Marcelo.

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa - mochoa@ieee.org
Do you Know DB Prism? Look @ http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/

Re: XSP Indentation and Whitespace

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Martin Schimak wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I am relatively new to cocoon, but so far I am VERY IMPRESSED and I
> have a strong feeling that I
> will spend a considerable amount of forthcoming lifetime
> using/exploring/developing :-)
>
> However, on my exploring way, I encountered a small, but annoying
> issue, I could not solve myself so
> far... it's concerning whitespace:
>
> <esql:execute-query>
>     <esql:query>SELECT template_id, name FROM template ORDER BY
> name</esql:query>
>     <esql:results>
>        <esql:row-results>
>           <xsp:element name="option">
>              <xsp:attribute name="value">
>                 <esql:get-string column="template_id"/>
>              </xsp:attribute>
>              <esql:get-string column="name"/>
>           </xsp:element>
>        </esql:row-results>
>     </esql:results>
> </esql:execute-query>
>
> After processing this fragment, I would like to end up with something
> like
>
> <option value="1">Template1</option>
> <option value="2">Template2</option>
>
> but instead I end up with something like
>
> <option value="
> 1            ">        Template1        </option>
> <option value="
> 2            ">        Template2        </option>
>

> Of course, if I avoid indentation within the original xsp fragment like
>
> <xsp:element name="option"><xsp:attribute name="value"><esql:get-string
> column="template_id"/></xsp:attribute><esql:get-string
> column="name"/></xsp:element>

btw, you can use option here:

<option><xsp:attribute name="value"><esql:get-string
column="template_id"/></xsp:attribute><esql:get-string
column="name"/><option>

Vadim

Posted by Martin Schimak <ma...@schimak.at>.
Hi Antonio,
thanks for your answer,
but unfortunately the replacement of <xsl:element name="option"> with "option" changed nothing. When
you avoid the whitespace within the original xml (like you did with the <xsp:attribute/> part) then
you do not get the whitespace in the output, but this leads me to illegible xml after a while.

Thx,
Martin.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Try this: