Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> on 2005/10/03 23:51:34 UTC

How to suppress line "Connection number: NNN." in Network Server output

I've been running Derby 10.1.1.0 in Network Server mode
using an unmodified version of startNetworkServer.ksh
from the Derby distribution.

I notice that my network server process produces output
of the form:

Connection number: 121538.
Connection number: 121539.
Connection number: 121540.

How do I suppress this output?

thanks,

bryan

Re: How to suppress line "Connection number: NNN." in Network Server output

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> I don't see any user-visible knob which you can turn to throttle these
> diagnostics. The message handle encodes the fact that this diagnostic
> is an Informational message but I don't see a knob which lets the
> customer choke Informational chatter. Sorry.

This is logged as:

Current alternatives include starting the server programatically  and
suppressing or redirecting output.
I think it would be a fairly easy starter project for someone who is
interested in making the change.

Kathey

Re: How to suppress line "Connection number: NNN." in Network Server output

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Bryan,

I don't see any user-visible knob which you can turn to throttle these
diagnostics. The message handle encodes the fact that this diagnostic is
an Informational message but I don't see a knob which lets the customer
choke Informational chatter. Sorry.

Regards,
-Rick