Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/03/20 23:34:57 UTC

anoncvs incompatible with http://xml.apache.org/from-cvs/xml-cocoon/

Firstly I must admit I am new to CVS.

I first downloaded the latest Cocoon from
http://xml.apache.org/from-cvs/xml-cocoon/ and then just now tried to update
it with

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic update -d

But all the CVS/Repository files point to /home/cvs/xml-cocoon which is not
accessible to me under anoncvs. So I have to inefficiently download the
whole thing instead of using the update command (I assume update is more
efficient, right?).

Is it possible to configure the site to solve this problem? Or is there a
command line option that I can use to solve it?

Re: anoncvs incompatible with http://xml.apache.org/from-cvs/xml-cocoon/

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Robin Green wrote:

> Firstly I must admit I am new to CVS.
>
> I first downloaded the latest Cocoon from
> http://xml.apache.org/from-cvs/xml-cocoon/ and then just now tried to update
> it with
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic update -d
>
> But all the CVS/Repository files point to /home/cvs/xml-cocoon which is not
> accessible to me under anoncvs. So I have to inefficiently download the
> whole thing instead of using the update command (I assume update is more
> efficient, right?).

Weird, cvs should fix that for you when you set CVSROOT.

> Is it possible to configure the site to solve this problem? Or is there a
> command line option that I can use to solve it?

	perl -pi -e 's@/home@:pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home@g' `find .
-name CVS -type d`

Might do the trick, or is it perhaps:

	perl -pi -e 's@/home@xml.apache.org:/home@g' `find . -name CVS -type d`