Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com> on 2017/08/29 21:39:42 UTC

solr-map-reduce:jar:6.6.0

All,

I'm looking at upgrading some java projects to solr and lucene 6.6.0.

I get an error when trying to "mvn package" one of them - it complained
about the solr-map-reduce:jar:6.6.0 not being available.

I went here:
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.solr/solr-map-reduce

And it looks like this hasn't been updated to 6.6...

Is it going to be updated soon?  Am I misunderstanding something?

Re: solr-map-reduce:jar:6.6.0

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
This is now apparently maintained at http://kitesdk.org and was living
in both places.

unless you're using the MapReduceIndexerTool (a bulk indexing option
when running over HDFS) these contribs aren't needed.

Best,
Erick

Re: solr-map-reduce:jar:6.6.0

Posted by Hrishikesh Gadre <ga...@gmail.com>.
>>If we do need that functionality somehow, what is the recommended
approach?  Was it replaced by something?

AFAIK it was not replaced by anything on the Solr side. Kite sdk provides
identical functionality and it looks like it supports Solr 6.6. You may
want to try that out

https://github.com/kite-sdk/kite

Thanks
Hrishikesh