Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net> on 2012/03/09 00:03:50 UTC

re:

Gregor,

Somehow I missed your posting until just now, so first off.. thanks!

minutes.io looks very interesting - thanks for the info!

Miles

On 27 February 2012 12:17, Gregor Martynus<gr...@martynus.net>  wrote:

>  Miles,
>
>  I build minutes.io with a similar approach. You can use it when being offline, synchronization
with the couchApp backend is happening in the background.

>  I don't think there is a library I'd recommend to use for such an architecture, not yet.
Maybe have a look at
>  https://github.com/mikeal/browsercouch and https://github.com/mikeal/pouchdb
>
>  I use backbone.js myself for the frontend and store all data in localStorage, which gets
synched asynchronously using _changes feed and _bulk_docs API. I also use a tiny node.js proxy
for security reasons and for some couchDB tasks like creating User Databases and Replications.