Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Andrew Karode <ak...@rand.org> on 2013/09/28 20:33:18 UTC

upload content with external metadata

Hi,

I have a basic stanbol instance that we're trying to use, and I'm having
a lot of trouble uploading documents to the contenthub with a set of
external metadata (title, subject, authors, citation information,
etc...). I have the metadata in CSV / convertable to things like RDF,
but I'm not sure what the process is for getting stanbol to recognize
this content.

Does stanbol handle this out-of-the-box? I know it can handle a basic
title (using the html string) but am at a loss for adding multiple
fields like this. The 5-minute documentation gives the following note:
"While submitting the document, it is also possible to specify external
metadata (in addition to the enhancements retrieved from Enhancer) as
field:value pairs along with the document." but doesn't really offer any
suggestions on how to specify those pairs outside of the basic web form
(which only allows for two pairs as far as I can currently see, Title
and Chain).

Please note that I'd like to be able to add this data and upload the
documents to the contenthub (docs in plain text) from the unix command
line if possible.

Thanks!

~ Drew

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.

Re: upload content with external metadata

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com>.
Hi Andrew,

This is actually possible by sending your metadata as part of a
Multiparf Form Data Request. You can take a look at how this requests
work in Stanbol in the following documentation page:

http://stanbol.staging.apache.org/docs/trunk/components/enhancer/enhancerrest.html

Although the documentation is about the Enhancer module, the way you
need to send your metadata is exactly the same. You need to take into
account one issue with RDF metadata within the Content-Hub: the
resources without a fise:extracted-from property (with the URI of the
document) as value are filtered by default.

You can also take a look to the Java Stanbol Client at gitbub
(https://github.com/zaizi/apache-stanbol-client) where you can find an
example regarding Multipart (Enhancements + custom Metadata) requests.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Rafa

--

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number
6440931. The Registered Office is Brook House, 229 Shepherds Bush Road,
London W6 7AN.