Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raj Yadav <ra...@otavi.com> on 2003/12/20 00:41:35 UTC

[OT] Date Problem

    Hi All,

    I have date stored in a flat log file like this:

    Mon Dec 15 00:00:52 2003

    I read the log file and get this date as a String.

    I want to insert this date into a Oracle table.

    My method is like this:

    public static java.sql.Date StringToDate(String date)

    {

    java.sql.Date retDate = null;

    try

    {

    String incomingDate = date;

    SimpleDateFormat formatter = new SimpleDateFormat("EEE MMM d
HH:mm:ss
    yyyy");

    java.util.Date d = formatter.parse(incomingDate);

    retDate = new java.sql.Date(d.getTime());

    System.out.println("retDate = " + retDate);

    //retDate = (java.sql.Date)formatter.parse(incomingDate);

    }

    catch(ParseException prsEx)

    {

    System.out.println("Parsing Exception in Utils = " + prsEx);

    }

    return retDate;

    }

    It is inserting only MM/dd/YYYY and not the time.

    How do i insert the whole date with the time

    thanks,

    -raj