Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Nayna Saunders <na...@live.co.uk> on 2012/03/01 15:46:22 UTC

Question about openoffice.org math

Hi,
I've been using openoffice.org math to write up my dissertation and was wondering how you create pages or how I transfer my formula to openoffice.org writer?
Thanks

Nayna

Re: Question about openoffice.org math

Posted by Fred Juan DIAZ <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Regina is right : the best way to deal with formulas is to write them
directly in writer.

either you use the window edition
(Insert > Object > Formula) and you click on the buttons

or you know a little bit of OOMath code and you  write directly this code
for example : R = U over I     or   I = sqrt { P over R}
    (don't forget spaces around key words over ; sqrt ; ...)
then you select your code
then  Insert > Object > Formula     on your code => instantaneous
transformation
Press Escape two times to make your cursor coming back to your text.

when you get used to direct writing, you"ll never use another method for
simple formulas :-)

codes can be learnt by observing inserted ones when you use buttons

You can even create your own shortcut for inserting formula,.
(Tools > Customize > tab Keyboard and choose the Ctrl Key you wish  >
Modify > Ok)
 it will allow you to be still faster.

FJD

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.