Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Yakov Maryanov <ya...@ukr.net> on 2018/10/18 09:05:08 UTC

Subversion Exception on commit wirth pathfile

Hello!
I execute command:

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe" /command:commit /pathfile:"d:\SVN\Work\Source\Project\f2.txt"

File f2.txt contains two strings:
d:\SVN\Work\Source\Source\Project.Client
d:\SVN\Work\Source\Source\Project.Server

And I received such result:

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file
 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.10.2\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
 line 10238: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(local_abspath))
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

With best regards,
Yakov

Re: Re[2]: Subversion Exception on commit wirth pathfile

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
[ bcc: dev@subversion.a.o because that's where this thread started,
but it really belongs on users@ so redirecting it there ... ]
[ Rearranged reponses from top-posting to bottom-posting ... see below
for some new information. ]

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 12:52 PM Yakov Maryanov <ya...@ukr.net> wrote:
> On 18 October 2018, 13:25:09 Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:

>>> svn functionality (the Apache Subversion project), so we don't know
>>> anything about TortoiseProc.exe and how it handles its arguments etc
>>> (eventually calling the underlying SVN libraries). So I suggest you
>>> https://tortoisesvn.net/community.html.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Johan
>>
>> Could you try this same operation with the disk names capitalized?
>>
>> If this resolves the issue, please let us and the TortoiseSVN developers know, as in that case there is an issue in (their) path canonicalization api.
>>
>>    Bert
>
> I have done "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe" /command:commit /pathfile:"D:\SVN\Work\Source\Project\f2.txt"
> and D:\SVN\Work\Source\Source\Project.Client in file f2.txt. Result is the same.
>
> Thanks,
> Yakov

For the benefit of the subversion lists and their archives I'm adding
some extra information:

Yakov posted this problem to the tortoise users list [1], and it seems
the problem was identified. Stefan Küng answered the following:

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tortoisesvn/fd22df25-c875-432d-a4dc-294139ba6935%40googlegroups.com

--
Johan

Re: Re[2]: Subversion Exception on commit wirth pathfile

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yakov Maryanov <ya...@ukr.net>.

Re: Subversion Exception on commit wirth pathfile

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.